The examinations of Abhidhamma and Visuddhimagga how to appear
The examinations of Abhidhamma Visuddhimagga are held for Monks, Nuns and Persons who are learning Abhidhamma teaching of the Lord Buddha. Ordinary examinations of Abhidhamma were held starting from 1952, the examinations of Abhidhamma (honour) were held starting from 1955 and the Visuddhimagga examinations were held starting from 1954. Specification of abality of answerers;
The persons who want to answer Abhidhamma and Visuddhimagga examination must be agree with the following deciplines.
- The persons who have passed Pahtamange or similar examinations of the same level with the latter will not be permitted to answer ordinary and honour Abhidhamma examinations.The Samaneras (novices) who are learning perminently to answer Pali pahtamapyan examinations are not permitted to answer, The persons who have not passed three level examinations of ordinary. Abhidhamma are not permitted to answer Abhidhamma (honour) examination.
- The persons who have not passed all three levels of ordinary Abidhamma and honour Abhidhamma examinations through one year, after passing one or two levels if he wants, above the right to answer all three levels through one year.
- The persons who have passed government Pahtamagyi and Dhamma cariya examinations and other similar examinations are not permitted to answer Visuddhimagga examination.
- Only the persons who have passed ordinary Abhidhamma examination have the right to answer honour Abhidhamma or Visuddhimagga examination.
- Out of first second and third level of Visuddhimagga examination any one can answer one or two or all three levels which he is fond of.
- As answering the examinations the persons who have not passed all three levels throush one year, although he had passed one level or two, have the right if he want, to answer all three levels through one year.
- Only persons and Nuns have the wright to answer above examinations.
Abhidhamma (hornour) and Visuddhimagga examinations are held every day from 12 noon to 4 pm on holidays of the last week of December at 154 local examination centres at the same time. The persons who attain first, second and third position are given certificates at Grand Dhammacariya Convocation Hall.
|The Pass Certificate which is the First of the whole Country in Abhidhamma Honourable Examination.||The Gold Medal which is the First Award of the whole Country in Abhidhamma Honourable Examination.|